Digital television requires significantly fewer measurement parameters to evaluate the quality of the transmitter output signal. Broadcasters and Network Operators are increasingly interested in knowing the real performance of terrestrial DTT networks, critical especially after the introduction of SFN transmission. The DGQoS Meter allows operators to accurately verify the quality of signals received in viewers’ homes emulating the reception quality of set-top boxes and TVset.
The DGQoS Meter performs a significant amount of measurements: RF signal level, MER, BER in key decoding spots and PER.
- Sequencing Mode
Connects to the internet thru 2G/3G or DSL and remains in this condition. Monitors programmed channels in round robin mode.
- Real Time mode
Used to monitor in real time all available Datapoints. The user sends a request, the answer from the probe is sent as soon as possible which usually means a few seconds (channel power, MER, BER) to about a minute (constellation diagram, Echo pattern).
- Efficient mode (soon available)
Monitors programmed channels in diluted intervals, connects to the internet a few times a day but remains in listen mode in order to be called.
- Low power mode (soon available)
Monitors a few times a day then turns off. Connects to the internet only for downloading data.
SEQUENCING AND REAL TIME MODES
There are 2 ways of operating the probe in normal mode: SCAN and REAL TIME. In SCAN the probe sequences thru the programmed channels and logs the data to the control center. The amount of data is user programmable. SCAN mode can be switched to REAL TIME. Once in REAL TIME the probe awaits user commands. The probe becomes a slave, it answers any user queries. The probe returns to SCAN mode automatically after a user programmed amount of time if no further command is received.
- 1 x F connector – 75 Ω
- Input level: -20 to -65dBm on 75 ohms
- resolution +-0.1 dB, precision +-1dB
- 48 MHz to 862 MHz in DVB-T/T2 and ISDB-T/Tb
- Bandwidth: 6, 7 or 8 MHz
- Loopthru connector for user convenience
- 10/100 Electrical Base-T
- Local data on a 3’’ touchscren monitor
- Raw TCP connection with ASCII
- communication protocol (for OEM)
- Input level: -20 dBm to -65 dBm
- MER: 20 dB to >38 dB, resolution 0.1dB, precision +-1dB
- BER pre Viterbi, resolution down to 1x10-8
- BER post Viterbi, resolution down to 1x10-6
- TPS monitoring and comparing of all TPS parameters (fft, coderates, guard interval etc..) included reserved TPS content
- Signal Power Bar graph
- SFN Window
- Constellation Pattern
- Channel Impulse Response
- MER carrier per carrier
- Percentage bars for MER,BER
- Channel power, wireless modem reception
- 2G/3G Mobile data connection
- HTTP control interface (optional)
- Control protocol: ASCII over raw TCP connection
- SNMP v2C (optional)
- FTP server for accumulated data download and firmware upgrade (optional)
- Supply voltage: 9-14v AC/DC – 5W(7W avg during mobile trasmission)
- Compact aluminium package(220 x 150 x 50 mm)
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 50°C
[ ~ 271.59 KB]
Disclaimer: DGQoS S.r.l. assumes no responsibility for errors or ommissions in the documentation available from its web site(s). All files have been scanned for viruses prior to uploading them to this server. In no event shall DGQoS S.r.l. be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not DGQoS S.r.l. has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of the above files. The use of the files downloaded through the DGQoS S.r.l.' site(s) is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from DGQoS S.r.l. or from the DGQoS S.r.l. web site(s) shall create any warranty for the files.